February 22, 2010 [Monday]

a little byrd of our very own

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop to look around once in a while you could miss it.”
― Matthew Broderick as Ferris Buller, “Ferris Buller’s Day Off”

Who doesn’t love Ferris Buller and his wisdom? I have to admit I have followed this quote quite well lately. Where have I been, having the time of my life with a little byrd of my very own. Lillian Colette Byrd, Lila, was born about a week early on December 29th. She decided she wanted to be here to ring in the New Year with us! Since the 29th I have been working hard and learning each day the most important role I have ever had, being a mother. In my work as a photographer I closely work and watch mothers and their children and have always been so amazed at the relationship between the two. Even being a part of so many families lives and special moments-nothing truly prepared me for this adventure of being someone else’s mom. So friends this is the view from my ABP office lately…Lila in her sling as I try to get work done.

lila-blog-9

Here are some images of our little Lila when we first brought her home.

lila-blog-14
lila-blog-6 lila-blog-8
lila-blog-5

Lila was ready for our first photo shoot! Here are a few of my favorites.

lila-blog-7 lila-blog-3

Here is a peak into her nursery.

lila-blog-12

The amazingly beautiful canvas of the bird nest above her changing table and the three gorgeous canvases above her crib were painted by the fabulous muralist Loren Pease. Check out more of her work at http://www.sweetpease.com/about/index.html. She created for us exactly what I had always dreamed of for our baby byrd’s nursery. Thank you again Loren! I don’t know who loves it more, Tom and I or Lila. She just stares at the colors and just talks and coos at her birds and the nest.

This little byrd loves her miracle blanket-and for those of you out there who do not have kids yet it truly is a miracle. Thanks again Aunt Karlye for all your endless wisdom and love and for helping us figure out how to get her in there.

lila-blog-4

Tom and I blinked and the next thing we knew, Lila was growing right before our very eyes…

lila-blog-15

lila-blog-11

lila-blog-2lila-blog-1

Lila has shown us how the most simple and mundane things can bring you so much joy and love. She especially loves her bath time!

lila-blog-10

And for all of you out there who would even question it-yes she is through and through a Tar Heel! (She has already shown her optimism and dedication to the Heels cheering away this season!) That is my girl Lila!

lila-blog-13

Thanks Aunt Cara and Uncle Ant for my awesome cheerleader uniform and all your hugs and cuddles!

We had the best time with her Birth Announcement. Check out our girl!

This is the front.

And the back.

Thank you all for all your endless calls, emails, visits, food, gifts, and most importantly your prayers and love! This is only the beginning of this amazing adventure and we love having you all as part of the Byrd Family! More to come!

THANK YOU!

17 comments on a little byrd of our very own

Ursula Says:

So happy for you and Tom! Lila is so beautiful! It’s amazing how much she has changed in almost 2 months! Hope that your family continues to do well!

February 22nd, 2010 at 12:54 pm
Christina Masters Says:

Amber, she is absolutely ADORABLE, thanks for posting and letting us all have a sneaky peek into your life – it’s an amazing ride, and I am so happy for you! Beautiful pictures, too (obviously, you’re so talented!)…

February 22nd, 2010 at 3:25 pm
Joy Says:

What great pictures of your darling baby girl! Congratulations Amber and Tom. You need to take Lila to visit Lilah and Colin! They’d love to meet her.

February 22nd, 2010 at 3:29 pm
Dawn Dees Says:

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

February 23rd, 2010 at 8:07 am
Brandi Says:

Amber and Tom! You two are both blessed with the most precious gift! She is so beautiful. Amber your pictures never fail to amaze me. I love viewing all your blogs, and this one by far is my favorite. I can’t wait to see Lila and watch her grow!

February 23rd, 2010 at 8:08 am
Elizabeth Says:

I love it all! Thanks for sharing your beautiful baby girl with all of us!

February 23rd, 2010 at 8:29 am
Jen Lawrence Says:

Amber, your daughter is sooo beautiful. These pictures are great and as always, I love your commentary…it is always so joyful and warm. Thanks for sharing. Glad to see everything is going well. Oh, and I LOVE those paintings in Lila’s room. Gorgeous. Love, Jen

February 23rd, 2010 at 9:06 am
Jen Says:

BEAUTIFUL! Hey, Lila called the other day. She was calling for Gage, but I was suspicious of a cute girl calling him so I stepped in:) She said she really wants to meet us ASAP. Gage thinks she might enjoy his favorite song – Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds. It always puts him in a good mood …even after listening to it 90 times a day:) You might as well get the whole album, B is for Bob. It’s for kids, so you don’t have to skip through the more scandalous lyrics:)

February 23rd, 2010 at 9:22 am
Dana Southerland Says:

Amber she is just perfect! Thank you soooo much for sharing these wonderful moments with us! Isn’t being a mom the most amazing gift ever!

February 23rd, 2010 at 9:38 am
Lisa Says:

You could not have asked for a nicer Christmas present! She’s lovely!!!

February 23rd, 2010 at 10:04 am
Jamie Says:

Just beautiful!!! Thank you SO much for sharing these wonderful pictures. We especially loved her birth announcement- it’s up on our fridge and everyday Conner stops by to say “hi baby.” We can’t wait to meet your gorgeous baby girl!! Big hugs from us all! xoxo

February 23rd, 2010 at 12:29 pm
Allison Sullivan Says:

Amber, Congtratulations! Lila is gorgeous!!! So happy for you and your family! Hope you are getting some rest. Love the Nursery…just adorable! Thanks so much for sharing!

February 24th, 2010 at 10:14 pm
Carrie Says:

Little Lila is just BEAUTIFUL!! These photos are awesome! We are so happy for you and Tom!

February 25th, 2010 at 9:44 am
Toni Walker Says:

Oh My Goodness. That is a bundle of sweetness! My baby fever just kicked into high gear. Congrats Amber and Tom. You two are going to be beautiful, fun parents. Love Toni

February 26th, 2010 at 4:34 pm
Jeremy Says:

Lila is all that is right in the world!

February 27th, 2010 at 9:55 pm
Christy Jones Says:

Amber and Tom, I have just had an opportunity to sit down and really take the time to study these photos of Lila…she is absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy for you both and cannot wait to see Lila in person, and kiss her beautiful little face! Keep enjoying her and sharing the pictures! Congratulations!!! Love you guys!

February 28th, 2010 at 10:50 am
Wanda Williams Says:

Amber, of course she’s beautiful. Can’t wait to see some more recent pictures of her. Looks like this is the only way I’m going to see her. 🙂 Take care and may God continue to bless you and your family.

June 26th, 2010 at 10:26 am

Comment on a little byrd of our very own

* Required