November 20, 2009 [Friday]

A Thanksgiving Like No Other!

As many of you know Tom and I are high school sweethearts. We have grown up together and have been there for each other through it all. The challenges of high school, applying to college, the crazy late nights and life in college, stepping into our first careers, getting married, me changing careers and pursuing the joys and pains of starting my own business, you name it.

You might remember our Christmas card from last year.

blog-1

It celebrated the fact that we bought a new home and were crazy enough to tackle moving in the week of Christmas! It was too much fun. But with photography the fall/winter is one of the busiest times of the year! I couldn’t even think of moving in until all your Christmas orders were complete and delivered. Well Tom and I joked about what in the world we would do next year to make Christmas as crazy as we did in 2008…well if I have had the pleasure and honor of a portrait session with you lately you might already know by looking at me!

Tom and I are expecting our first Baby Byrd the first of the New Year! We are so excited and have been so blessed. I have felt great and I am still busy busy busy shooting and working away. I appreciate all the love from those of you who have seen me and know. My friends and family at Amber Byrd Photography have been so great and so supportive! Thank you. This Thanksgiving we feel so blessed and have so much to celebrate, appreciate and give thanks for. I truly do consider it my honor to be a part of your life, family, and beautiful milestones. I am so thankful for each of you and look forward to more fun together in the coming years!

Even though my place is behind the lens you know I had to practice what I preach and have a few Maternity images to document this wonderful and unique time in our lives. Two amazing photographer friends came out and we had a blast (well I did more than Tom). I wanted to capture and document for Baby Byrd to one day see– yes– we were young and happy and oh so in love! The first four are from Jess Berowitz from J and J Photography. And the second set is from Jennifer Haygood at J.B. Haygood Photography. They did an awesome job and we love that you can feel our excitement and love for our future Baby Byrd.

jess-blog-image-2jess-blog-image-1

jess-blog-image-4

-J&J Photography-
www.jandjphotosnc.com (family)
www.jandjphotosnc.com/portfolio (commercial)

jen-blog-image-3 jen-blog-image-2

jen-blog-image-1

jen-blog-image-4

J.B. Haygood Photography

Thanks again and again for all your love and support. I cannot wait to meet our Baby Byrd. I know we will learn so much from her and I will gain a new perspective from being a parent. I hope this will help me become an even better photographer and help me capture those special moments for you all in the New Year.

I hope you all have a wonderful wonderful Thanksgiving! Give lots of love and thanks to those around you! I can’t wait!

And just for the record we hope to have a quiet and calm Christmas next year! The last two have been filled with enough excitement to hold us over for quite a while…
but you never know right. 🙂

21 comments on A Thanksgiving Like No Other!

Morgan Says:

These are so adorable!! I’m so happy you posted these! Love you!

November 20th, 2009 at 5:41 pm
EM Says:

My most favorite ABP blog, to date. 🙂 Amber, you are the cutest thing since kittens … and I’m so thankful to have you, Tom, and Baby Byrd in my life.

November 20th, 2009 at 6:00 pm
Dana Vinson Southerland Says:

Amber you are so beautiful! You are looking more and more like your mom! Love you!
Dana

November 20th, 2009 at 6:14 pm
Carrie Says:

Hee hee, I have to agree with EM all the way! This blog makes me so happy (and teary at the same time cause it’s so sweet)! We do have so much to be thankful for and so much to be excited about! I can’t wait to meet sweet Baby Byrd!!

November 20th, 2009 at 6:18 pm
Jennifer Says:

Am – these pictures are beautiful! I am so lucky to have been a part of your and Tom’s life since the beginning of your relationship. I can’t wait to meet Baby Byrd! Love, Aunt JBP

November 20th, 2009 at 6:26 pm
Elizabeth C. Says:

What a beautiful family! Amber, you and Tom are so adorable and I know Lila will follow in her beautiful parents footsteps. 🙂

November 20th, 2009 at 6:45 pm
Jen Rogers Says:

Gorgeous!!!! Lots of love and blessings to the Byrds:)

November 20th, 2009 at 7:17 pm
Jamie Says:

You are absolutely beautiful!! What a wonderful post. I cannot wait to meet Baby Byrd- what a lucky little girl. You continue to amaze me and always make me smile! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! xoxo

November 20th, 2009 at 7:18 pm
Dexter Says:

Amber, what a fabulous post! You are a beautiful mom-to-be and great at being photographed!! So excited for baby Byrd’s arrival… xo

November 20th, 2009 at 8:45 pm
Suzanne Says:

Amber, you look adorable! Congratulations!! 🙂

November 20th, 2009 at 8:57 pm
Lisa Escue Says:

I’m with EM, too! You are the BEST! Y’all have fab holiday! xo, L

November 22nd, 2009 at 8:22 am
Spears Says:

Thank you for sharing these special pictures and sweet post with us, Amber! You look so beautiful and I’m so thankful for YOU, Tom and Baby Byrd. Ya’ll are just so wonderful! 🙂

November 22nd, 2009 at 5:31 pm
Kate Says:

What a wonderful way to start a Monday!! That is an absolutely beautiful blog and just in time for the hectic holiday season. Good luck with everything!!

November 23rd, 2009 at 7:53 am
Courtney Says:

Amber, you look wonderful. What a beautiful Mommy to be! Congratulations and best wishes. Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!

November 23rd, 2009 at 8:38 am
Jerri Says:

I’ve been waiting for this blog & what a great way to start Thanksgiving week! You & Tom will make the best parents ever & with Baby Bird’s arrival you will be even more complete. Love you both!

November 23rd, 2009 at 9:30 am
Kellee Says:

I LOVE your post!!! What a beautiful mommy to be – here’ wishing you a night folding baby clothes by a crackling fireplace with a cup of tea 🙂

November 23rd, 2009 at 9:49 am
Roxie & Jon Says:

I love the pics! You look so beautiful, and i know that baby is going to be sweet as sugar.

November 23rd, 2009 at 10:20 am
Allison Says:

I love your pictures, you look amazing! The next time we have tea, we will have to add 1 more seat!!! Congratulations again!

November 23rd, 2009 at 10:54 am
Ursula Says:

Amber, these are so fabulous! I love them, and thank you for sharing them with us! You and Tom are going to be amazing parents! Enjoy this Thanksgiving and this special time before Baby Byrd arrvies! Lots of love!!!

November 23rd, 2009 at 12:06 pm
Jerm Says:

Ohh my. Look at my big sister, you are so beautiful. You and Tom look like ya’ll should be in some kind of young love magazine. I’m so happy
for ya’ll and can’t wait to meet my little niece. She’s going to be a star at whatever she does. I mean how can she not, she’s got great genes. Love you!!

November 26th, 2009 at 9:22 am
Wanda Says:

Amber, you are so cute. I’m sure cuter now that it’s December. Thanks for sharing. I can’t wait to see the blog of the baby. Keep me posted.

December 23rd, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Comment on A Thanksgiving Like No Other!

* Required